A big speaker in every sense, 703 S2 has both the grace and power to bring every element of your music to life, from delicate nuances to monstrous bass lines.
Carbon Dome tweeters are a brand new technology purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminum double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Truly amazing sound
Voices and instruments are delivered with purity and precision, thanks to the smooth, accurate Continuum™ cone midrange driver.
Clean and clear
The midrange drivers in these floorstanders feature decoupled design, adapted from a similar system in the 800 Series Diamond. Decoupling reduces cabinet coloration, and boosts midrange clarity.
A triumph of science
Developed using advanced computer modeling techniques, the Aerofoil™ Profile bass cone has variable thickness, providing stiffness and rigidity where it’s needed most. The result: deep and dynamic bass.
Description – 3-way vented-box system
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Continuum™ cone FST midrange
- Decoupled midrange
- Aerofoil™ Profile bass cones
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
- 1x ø150mm (6 in) Continuum cone FST midrange
- 2x ø165mm (6.5 in) Aerofoil profile bass
Frequency range – -6dB at 30Hz and 33kHz
Frequency response – 46Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
Sensitivity – 89dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 90Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 120Hz - 20kHz
Nominal impedance – 8Ω (minimum 3.1Ω)
Recommended amplifier power – 30W - 200W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Height: 990mm (39 in) cabinet only 1025mm (40.4 in) including plinth
- Width: 200mm (7.9 in) cabinet only 320mm (12.6 in) including plinth
- Depth: 300mm (11.8 in) cabinet only 321mm (12.6 in) inc. grille and terminals 370mm (14.6 in) including plinth
Net weight – 25.0kg (55.2 lb)