Experience the detail
The top-performing stand mount speaker in the range, 705 S2 features studio-inspired technologies, for immaculate sound quality.
A house for high frequencies
Milled from a solid block of aluminum, the solid body tweeter housing design creates an acoustically optimized housing for the tweeter – one that’s exceptionally inert and resistant to resonances.
Carbon Dome tweeters are a brand new technology purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminum double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Truly amazing sound
Voices and instruments are delivered with purity and precision, thanks to the smooth, accurate Continuum™ cone mid/bass driver.
Description – 2-way vented-box system
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top
- Continuum™ cone bass / midrange
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
- 1x ø165mm (6.5 in) Continuum cone bass / midrange
Frequency range – -6dB at 45Hz and 33kHz
Frequency response – 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
Sensitivity – 88dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 100Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
Nominal impedance – 8Ω (minimum 3.7Ω)
Recommended amplifier power – 30W - 120W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Height: 340mm (13.4 in) cabinet only 407mm (16 in) including tweeter
- Width: 200mm (7.8 in)
- Depth: 285mm (11.2 in) cabinet only
- 301mm (11.9 in) including grille and terminals
Net weight – 9.3kg (20.5 lb)