With larger dimensions than its sibling 707 S2, this bookshelf/standmount speaker has the acoustic heft to satisfy the demands of bigger rooms.
Carbon Dome tweeters are purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminum double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Truly amazing sound
Voices and instruments are delivered with purity and precision, thanks to the smooth, accurate Continuum™ cone midrange driver.
Description – 2-way vented-box system
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Continuum™ cone bass / midrange
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
- 1x ø165mm (6.5 in) Continuum cone bass / midrange
Frequency range – -6dB at 45Hz and 33kHz
Frequency response – 50Hz - 28kHz ±3d
Sensitivity – 88dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 100Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
Nominal impedance – 8Ω (minimum 3.7Ω)
Recommended amplifier power – 30W - 120W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Height: 340mm (13.4 in)
- Width: 200mm (7.8 in)
- Depth: 285mm (11.2 in) cabinet only 301mm (11.9 in) including grille and terminals
Net weight – 8.0kg (17.7 lb)